Mon-Fri 9am-5pm PST
Earrings Buying Guide
The key to picking a fabulous pair of earrings is to choose a pair that compliments your face structure and skin tone.
Before you shop at Trendessentials.com, let's review some of the different types so you can see which category you belong in to get a better idea of where to start!
• Fair- Light: Rose gold, silver, soft neutral tones like pastels and nude tones
• Medium- Rose gold, silver, gold, soft and cool tones
• Olive- Gold, bronze and cool tones
• Dark- Gold, silver, neutral and cool tones
• Rectangular Face: Round hoops, angular earrings and studs
• Oval Face: All styles
• Round Face: Longer earrings with oblong or straight styles and chandelier earrings
• Square Face: Hoops, ovals and small earrings look best. avoid wearing short and chunky earrings; they make the face appear wider
• Small - Full - Largel: Earring size is relevant to the size and shape of each individual's face. Chunky earrings that are fabulous on a tall woman may overwhelm a petite woman's features. Round and button styles add curves to a full face; and 3-inch chains or spikes drag down a long, skinny face. again, balance is the key to a good fit.
Trend Essentials Earring Backings
• Posts and Findings: This combination of a bar secured with a metal nut holds stud earrings in place. this style is also called friction back. posts and findings are among the most popular.
• Butterfly Finding: This is the most common nut that fits over a post; variations on this design are called push-back clasps.
• Clip-in: This clasp features a hinged post that snaps into a groove on the back of the earring. it is commonly found on hoops.
• Hooks: This earring backing is simply a long, bent post that fits through the piercing. hooks have several names: shepherd's hooks, euro hooks, ear wires and french wires. these are variations of the same style. Thin wire hooks reduce the weight of long earrings, making them more comfortable; however, hooks aren't as secure as other clasp styles.
• Leverback: In the leverback design, a hinged lever snaps shut against a curved post to form a closed loop behind the ear. this clasp is secure and good for styles that drop just below the ear.
• Omega: Also called french clips, this clasp has a straight post and a looped lever. the hinged lever closes around the post and is held against the ear with pressure.
• Saddleback: This clasp is a variation of the clip-in style. the hinged post is curved to make more room for the earring to fit around the ear.
• Screw back: This backing features a basic bolt-and-nut design and is a slight variation of the standard post-and-finding clasp. the nut twists onto the threaded post.
Dangle & Drop
Dangle & Drop earrings are great with any evening dress.
Whether you're going out for a party or just relaxing with the girls, hoops add a flare to your persona.
Studs are classy and classic.